Job Opportunity at Poole Fire Protection, Inc.
Poole Fire Protection, Inc. is looking to hire a Fire Sprinkler Designer and a Mid-Level Fire Protection Engineer. Please review the attached position descriptions and apply using the link to their company webpage, provided below, or by submitting a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fire Sprinkler Designer Position Description: fire_sprinkler_designer.pdf
Mid-Level Fire Protection Engineer Position Description: fire_protection_engineer_-_mid_level.pdf
Link to Website for Application: www.poolefire.com/careeropportunities.html
Code Consultant Position at FP&C
FP&C is looking to hire a Code Consultant in the Kansas City, Missouri area. For additional information about this job posting, use the button below.
Fire Protection Engineer Position at Boeing
Boeing is looking to hire a Fire Protection Engineer in the St. Louis area. For additional information about this job posting, use the button below.
Fire Protection Engineer (Posted 03/25/2016)
GSA PBS Heartland Region Design and Construction Division in Kansas City is seeking a Fire Protection Engineer, GS-13, to "serve as an in-house fire protection expert, an internal consultant to A/Es and project managers, a problem solver to help resolve fire protection challenges, and a planner to establish long-range plans and strategies to maintain the fire and life safety of our buildings."
This position will coordinate closely with the regional Facilities Management Division fire protection staff (including the concurrently advertised GS-13 FPE in FMD), but will have a more 'design and construction' and project planning orientation. This person will work closely with our planners, estimators, A/Es, and project teams.
This is open to the general public. The GS-13 salary range is $84,546.00 to $109,915.00 / year. The vacancy is open from Wednesday, March 23, 2016 to Wednesday, April 20, 2016.
Please Contact Gregory S. Beachy, email@example.com for more detail.
Board of Code Appeals Member (Posted 02/2016)
The City of Olathe is accepting applications from persons interested in serving on the City of Olathe Board of Code Appeals. This is a volunteer board that considers and hears interpretations and appeals on adopted building, fire and property maintenance codes. The board is comprised of seven members including a master electrician; a master plumber; a master mechanical; a builder/contractor; an architect or engineer; and two at-large members that, by training or experience, are qualified to consider matters pertaining to building construction.
Expectations of board members include: hearing appeals when required, attending quarterly meetings with the Staff liaison, and assisting with future code adoptions and amendments. It is preferred that board members live or work in the City of Olathe but it is not required.
Interested parties my apply by completing the public service application on the City of Olathe website at the following link:
We will consider applications for all positions on the board at this time. Please complete the application by February 19th for consideration in this round of appointments. Please contact Mark Wassom, Chief Building Official with the City of Olathe for questions.
Fire Suppression & Alarm Service Technician/Project Manager (Posted 01/2016)
Phoenix Fire Systems is seeking a full-time Service Technician able to independently manage and complete service and project work as required.
Design Technician IV (Posted 01/2016)
Design Technician IV Employees engaged in the preparation of detailed Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings to assure the efficient and effective placement of our products and systems.
• Fundamental Accountabilities and/or Deliverables for the position:
• Read and interpret construction documents, including drawings, specifications and contracts
• Interpret and apply applicable NFPA standards to the design and/or layout of the sprinkler systems based on the building type, construction type, hazard classification and architectural features.
• Design and layout sprinkler systems using specialized CAD software packages that are based on the AutoCAD platform.
• Coordinate sprinkler system piping with other building components. Perform hydraulic calculations.
• Perform field check of completed design to verify accuracy.
• Work closely with the district contracting teams to understand the contract with the customer, the scheduling of the design process, and the delivery needs of the installation crew.
• Coordinate deliveries of system materials to the job site to meet the optimum installation start date.
• Follow all job site safety and protocol when performing field checks and attending on site meetings.
Qualifications who we're looking for:
See more about this role here.