Presented in partnership with XL Global Asset Protection Services, LLC
Prepare for the 2013 Fire Protection Engineering P.E. Exam from wherever you can access the Internet. This effective, on-line review class will help you organize and navigate through the massive amount of reference material.
Each session is taught live by an expert instructor using the advanced web conferencing technology. You will work with a live instructor over several weeks and can ask questions as they arise throughout the review period.
Revised to meet the current NCEES exam specifications, this course is an excellent exam preparation tool. The 14 live 1.5 hour sessions allow for maximum retention.
Who Should attend?
Anyone preparing for the P.E. Exam! Even if you are not taking the exam this year but want to assess your readiness for a future exam, this course is for you. The course is also an excellent refresher for existing engineers, fire marshals, loss control specialists, and anyone else who needs to understand the principles of fire protection engineering.
· Exam Preparation & Exam Taking Strategies
· Fire Protection Analysis
· Fire Protection Management
· Human Behavior
· Fire Dynamics
· Fire Protection Systems
· Fire Alarm Systems
· Smoke Management
· Explosion Protection
· Passive Building Systems
· Participation in either the Tuesday or Thursday Session
· Two-hours of access to instruactors outside class hours
· Electronic Copies of Course Slides
14 Live 1.5 hour on-line Sessions:
July 9-October 8 (Every Tuesday) from 2:30 - 4:00 PM EST.
July 11-October 10 (Every Thursday) from 6:30 - 8:00 PM EST.
You may attend either the Tuesday or Thursday Session. You may switch between sessions each week as your schedule dictates.
Participant Requirements: ·
Participants are expected to have copies of the SFPE Reference Manual/Answer Manual for the P.E. Exam in the Fire Protection Engineering, 4th Edition, SFPE Handbook of Fire Protection Engineering,Fire Protection Handbook, and NFPA Standards in editions specified by the SFPE 2013 Reference list available in April. Note: A list of recommended supplemental references will be given to the participants.
· An optional headset is recommended. A Logitech H390 is a good example of a reasonably prices headset that is of good quality.
· Adobe Acrobat Reader® (free from www.adobe.com).
· An e-mail address
· $1,375 Member, $1,795 Non-Member
* Enrollment is required for each participant even if participants share access in a conference room.
There are three easy ways to register:
1. Register Online: Registering online is fast and convenient using your credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
2. Download Enrollment Form in PDF format then email to email@example.com or fax it to +301 718 2242.
3. Contact SFPE Headquarters at +301 718 2910 ext. 104.
CEUS:Important Notice on CEUs: CEUs are only granted for the sessions in which you fully participate. This is defined as being logged into the website during the session, which is how your participation is verified. Although it is possible to listen to the audio by phone and follow along with the slides that are emailed to you; this will not be counted toward CEUs. Also, recordings of the sessions are available in case you miss a session or if you which to listen again; however no CEU credit can be given to sessions that were missed and then made up by listening to the recording. The maximum number of CEUs awarded is 2.1 even if the sessions run long or you attend on both days. These rules are necessary to maintain the integrity of the CEU granting process.
For questions please contact Julie Gordon, SFPE Education Program Manager at (301) 915-9724.